Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blog Assignment 1

I am a native of North Carolina, though most of my relatives are from South Carolina. I moved to Mobile with my family when I was three years old and have lived here for almost eighteen years. I am the baby of the family. I have an older brother and an older sister. They are both married and have their own families now, each with a new baby less than 2 months old.

I’m twenty one years old and am a junior at USA. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I received my associate’s degree from Faulkner State this past year. Once I have received my degree from USA I plan on teaching elementary school. Working with children has always been a passion of mine and has seemed like an amazing thing to me.

I currently work at the Spring Hill Baptist Child Development Center where I am a 4k teacher. Besides babysitting, this is the only job I have ever had. I have worked there for two and a half years now, primarily in the 4k department. This year I have 15 four year olds in my class. It’s pretty great to be given the opportunity to experience and practice in the field that I am working towards getting my degree in. It has opened my eyes in that it is hard work, but I find that pretty gratifying. I am also a Christian and have been a member of Spring Hill Baptist Church since I moved to Mobile. I love Mobile and I hope to be able to find a job here once I have gotten my degree.

1 comment: