Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Assignment #10

Post by Morgan Bayda

No matter the venue or the size of the class, my experience is that good teachers can make the difference. If you have a poor teacher in a small class that uses technology and a good teacher that can hold your attention in a large lecture hall, you will still end up with the opposite of the described problem.

Technology and online facts are not a panacea. If one does not learn the basics of grammar and sentence structure, getting online to teach yourself English 101 prior to writing a report for your administrator is probably not a good idea.

Good, motivational instructors that teach in relevant ways are the key now just as they have been for the past 1000 years. The problem is that we need more of them. Technology is a tool that we will use to keep ourselves and our courses relevant and hopefully, make us one of the memorable teachers for our students.


a picture that says what is your sentence
Two questions that can change your life

What’s your sentence?

Was I better today than I was yesterday?

The two questions above serve to focus us on a goal. The first is to establish a goal-worthy core value or philosophy and the second question is to provide a constant measure of our progress in living up to that goal. Right now, after a hectic day with a class of four-year-olds, I believe thinking about ”my sentence” will help me react in a more positive way.


My sentence:

I will be a positive influence and role model to the children I teach through personal attention and interaction.

1 comment: