Monday, September 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Educational Implications of Google Square and Wolfram Alpha:

Google Square and Wolfram Alpha have more concentrated information that is available more quickly. These have more potential to provide faster research than other ways you can search like encyclopedias or even traditional web search engines. You have to be careful because the data may or may not be accurate. Although in Google Squared it has a confidence indicator, which is helpful. It makes it easier to find the information so you can spend more time studying it than looking for it.

I did not know about either of these before I read about them recently.



Screen shot of the Pitcairn Island:


Pitcairn Island Map



“Did You Know” Update:

For most part, I think my comment on the “Did You Know” video was pretty accurate. I guess I concentrated more on the big picture. I have learned not to take all statistics at face value without understanding specifically what data is being used, where it is coming from and, potentially, what it’s being used to “sell”.



Food for Thought:

This is a peftect example of a high level man-machine-interface.

No comments:

Post a Comment