Friday, September 10, 2010

Summary Post C4T Teacher #1

Summary to Mr. Joe Bower’s Blog post - Stuck in Our Ways:

Mr. Joe Bower is saying that we should not be afraid to challenge the norm and be willing to try new and different methods when it comes to teaching.


Summary of my comment:

I agreed with Mr. Bower. I said that people may be more accepting if new methods are slowly incorporated into the classroom and that earlier grades are probably the best place to start.



Summary to Mr. Joe Bower’s blog post - What we have here is failure to communicate:

Mr. Joe Bower is saying that some adults are failing to communicate with children. That communication in itself is difficult and when a child has a limited vocabulary, it can be even harder. We need to make sure we understand the message, even though it may be hidden. He also gave an experience about his daughter.


Summary of my comment:

In my comment to him I said that like his daughter, most children express their frustration in limited but familiar ways. I also said that I work with children on a daily basis and that I knew his daughter was just frustrated that she couldn’t actually express what she wanted to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment