Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blog Assignment 4

A polka dot number four



Don’t teach your kids this stuff. Please?
I love how Dr. McLeod is being really sarcastic here, and it made it a great post. He’s showing how ridiculous some people can be when it comes to the internet and technology. Obviously, the dangers of the internet should be discussed, but everything thing else should not be taken away because of concerns like that. He’s saying, fine, don’t let your child do any of this, but I will. His children will be much more technologically literate than others.
Dr. McLeod is a professor of education at Iowa State University and the creator of “Did You Know”.

The iSchool Initiative
Travis was advocating the use of an iTouch for dedicated instruction.  He believes that it will revolutionize the way that education is conducted today and could save large amounts of money. He was saying that it will allow more accountability of students and teachers. He is also banking on future apps that haven’t been created yet.
My reaction to this is that it was idealistic, but not practical. Perhaps this technology is wave of the future, but it will probably be with a larger format, such as the iPad. For me, any extended reading on my iTouch, gives me a headache. This wouldn’t be something I would enjoy.

The Lost Generation
This was very effective when it came to communicating the issue at hand. It used a good combination of visual and audio techniques. The way everything was reversed was effective in making her point.
My reaction is… I just hope there are more people like her out there!

Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir
This was interesting.  The technology makes this type of project possible for the average person that would otherwise be impossible.  It shows that people have the same interest all over the world.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Rachel! I agree, the Lost Generation was very effective. I also hope there are more people like her out there.

    Your blog is looking great. Love the 4 graphic. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete